This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please, read my affiliate disclaimer for more details.
If you are new to the online space and don’t know which career path to take, you can become a virtual assistant by applying and working from home.
Technology has made it so easy for people to work from the comfort of their own homes and earn a living doing what they love.
Virtual assistant companies are looking for motivated and self-starting individuals just like you to perform a variety of tasks for their clients.
SO, DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT? LET’S FIND OUT!
Most companies are looking for professionals with the following skills:
- Great communicator both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task. You should be able to do different tasks for the client.
- Work well under pressure.
- Tech-savvy. Know how to use common computer programs like Microsoft Word, do web research.
- Work with less supervision. You have to think for yourself and work efficiently. No need to contact the client for every little thing.
Now that you know what’s expected of you, let me show you how to find a virtual assistant job!
THE BEST VIRTUAL ASSISTANT JOBS FROM HOME
JOB BOARDS & MARKETPLACES WITH Freelance VIRTUAL ASSISTANT JOBS
Ultimately, finding your own clients could earn you the most money, but it takes a solid portfolio to get to that point. Try these reliable job boards first to build experience as a beginner virtual assistant.
Fiverr is a gig-economy job marketplace that enables you to offer your freelance services starting at $5.
This freelance platform is so popular, no wonder gigs are being bought every second of the day. I love Fiverr because it’s perfect for both new and experienced freelancers. If you want to offer your virtual assistant services but feel lost, you should definitely start here.
How Fiverr Works
- Go to the sign up page then create your profile
- List all the services you want to offer by creating gigs.
- Make sure to use the right keywords so that clients can easily find you.
- Indicate the amount you want to charge for each service/task and the duration it will take for each one
- Most services start at $5 but you can charge as high as $10,000 depending on the volume or how long the project will take.
- We also have something we call “gig extras” that you can use to charge more if a client has other needs related to the order but are not part of the order.
- Clients who are interested in your services will contact you
- Make sure you respond to them as fast as you can
- They’ll then make the order(s) as required
- Then, you start working on the project then deliver as required
- The client goes through the work, approves then Fiverr will release the funds to you
- If you do a great job, the client will leave you feedback
- Make sure you leave a review for them, as well
- The more reviews you get the more clients you will get.
- This is what we call the “social proof” a great indicator to show that your work is good and you’re a reliable person.
Unlike other marketplaces, there is no bidding involved at Fiverr and you can get clients in as little as 24 hours!
To get started as a VA, just head over to Fiverr.com and type “freelance virtual assistant services.” A list of of all virtual assistants on the site will come up showing what they are currently selling.
See how they’ve crafted their gigs and emulate what they are doing. Remember, I said ’emulate’ not copy word for word. You then set a price range, include gig extras if you have any then wait to be contacted by the clients. And you can start earning as soon as today!
2. FLEX JOBS
FlexJobs is another great platform that you can use to get full or part-time virtual assistant jobs from home. I love this marketplace because all their jobs are hand-screened beforehand. So, you can be assured of getting legitimate virtual assistant jobs here without any worries.
The only drawback here is you have to register and pay $14.95 per month or $49.95 per year.
Other than that, it’s an awesome place to land full or part-time remote and freelance work from anywhere.
Formerly oDesk, Upwork is among the best freelance marketplaces when it comes to online work. They have different categories like SEO, graphic design, social media marketing, and virtual assistant jobs is not exception.
Just go to upwork.com then type virtual assistant jobs in the search bar. A list of all VA jobs posted from 24 hours to a few minutes ago will be listed. You can also go to categories then click on “admin & support” section.
It will bring up VA jobs, as well. The only drawback here is you have to bid on projects before getting hired.
A good number of companies use Glassdoor to advertise their vacancies. So, instead of trying to approach companies yourself, it would be a great idea to Glassdoor first. One thing I like about this platform is they give ratings/reviews to companies so you are able to know at a glance if the company is good to work for or not.
Indeed has virtual assistant positions available. Just search ‘virtual assistants’ in the search bar and a list of all posted VA jobs will appear that you can apply to. One thing I love about Indeed is it’s free to register.
PeoplePerHour operates in the same way Upwork and Fiverr operate but this site allows you to work here in two ways
First Approach: Sign up then set up your profile and your rates. Clients who are interested in what you are offering will contact you and create projects for you.
Second Approach: Sign up then start looking for virtual assistant projects that clients have already posted.
PerPerHour has tried to incorporate what Upwork and Fiverr do, all in one place. It’s just that the two sites are more advanced and have more to offer.
Remote.co has hand-curated listings of remote virtual assistant positions. They have jobs in other categories like transcription, writing, graphic design, as well.
Just go to the website and click on the ‘jobs‘ section or type ‘virtual assistant jobs’ in the search bar and all available VA openings will be listed. Companies like Equivity and Lifebushido use this platform to advertise their openings.
More virtual Assistant Jobs for Beginners
There are additional opportunities to earn money from home as an online assistant. Just apply for virtual assistant jobs below to get started.
Time Etc is looking for virtual assistants to perform administrative work, do form filling, make travel arrangements and scheduling.
You stand a better chance of getting hired if you have writing, blogging or social media experience. You’ll work as an independent contractor and can set your own hours. In fact, they even encourage you to work for other organizations, as well!
- Fast internet connection
- A PC or Mac
- Microsoft Word installed
- Skype and a headset (you can get one on Amazon)
- Good English and organization skills
- You must have at least 2-3 years relevant experience
- Be able to work 5 hours per week minimum
- Be able to work with them for at least one year
- A home office that’s well set up and in a quiet environment
- Be available Monday through Friday.
This is a virtual company that was started in 2006 and they hire virtual assistants all over the world. Offer part-time work with flexible working hours.
You’ll start with 5 hours per week and if your work is satisfactory, they add it up to 20 hours per week. If you want to join Lifebushido email them at [email protected].
10. FANCY HANDS
This is a company looking for virtual assistants with great communication skills. You need to have a fast internet connection, working audio headset, ability to talk on the phone and be able to do internet research.
Work will involve data entry work, scheduling appointments and making phone calls. They pay per task and each task ranges from $3 to $7 on average.
When you produce excellent work you can be promoted to a managerial position where you get to manager other assistants and ensuring smooth running of tasks.
Payments go out every week. They pay every Tuesday via Dwolla. Schedules are flexible. You choose what time works best for you.
11. WORLDWIDE 101
They hire virtual business assistants. Prefer candidates with 7+ years of experience in administration, customer service or marketing. After application, you will get a reply after 14 business days.
If accepted, you’ll be working a minimum of 25 hours per week. Amount you get paid depend on your skill level, experience and seniority. But, on average, they pay $18 to $20 per hour.
- A working computer with up-to-date software
- First and reliable internet connection
- Manage time well
- Be proactive with a can-do attitude
- Be tech-savvy
- Have great communication skills
- A quick learn who understands new concepts pretty quickly
12. ASSISTANT MATCH
They have open positions for virtual assistants. These are their requirements:
- High-speed internet connection
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Great communication skills (both email and on the phone)
- Be available during regular working hours
- Be able and willing to check and response to emails and voicemails on a daily basis
- Must have proven working experience in an office
- Be able to pass criminal background check
13. CONTEMPORARY VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE
This is a virtual assistant position open to UK-based residents only. They pay $10 per hour for a start. They offer extensive training and mentoring to accepted candidates.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A high-speed internet connection
- Access to a telephone
- Have experience with Google applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Be familiar with social media platforms like Facebook and Pinterest
- Knowledge in other areas like WordPress, Infustionsoft, Graphic Design and Photoshop are highly appreciated
14. VICKY VIRTUAL
This is a virtual company that hires receptionists to work from home. One of the requirements is a candidate must be living in the US. Work involves answering incoming calls. They pay $10 per hour.
- A computer in good working condition
- High-speech internet connection that’s stable
- Quiet working environment
- Ability to use different softwares, email and live chat programs
- Prior customer service or phone-based support is a plus
- Ability to input client’s data in various software programs.
- Have great communication skills both written and spoken.
- Have a clear vision of about 24 inches from the computer to ensure you see and understand information on the computer screen.
15. PARAGON PLANNERS
They have both full-time and part-time jobs. If you are looking for a company that values long-term relationships, then this is the place to be.
They usually have open positions for scheduling and appointment setting, event planning, admin/operations support and marketing. Send Michelle Allen an email at [email protected] if you are interested.
16. 99 DOLLAR SOCIAL
99 Dollar Social is currently hiring Social Media Content Specialists to work from home on a part-time basis. Before work is assigned you must complete 6-7 hours of self-paced online training and a few conference calls.
After that, you get 10 accounts to handle minimum and pay is on a flat-rate basis, not hourly. But, most workers here earn $12 per hour on average.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A computer in good working condition
- A high-speed internet connection.
- And be social media savvy
They hire virtual receptionists. They have flexible shifts that will suite your schedule. These shifts can last for 2-7 hours depending on how much work there is to be done. But, they can be broken down into shorter periods to accommodate your lifestyle needs.
- Answering calls
- Booking appointments
- Taking messages and transferring calls among other duties.
OTHER VIRTUAL ASSISTANT COMPANIES WITH VA POSITIONS
- BELAY Solutions
- Red Butler
- Virtual Office VA
- Clara Labs
- 24/7 Virtual Assistant
- Equivity VA
- NS Virtual Services
VIRTUAL ASSISTANT SERVICES YOU CAN OFFER FROM HOME
Gina has a FREE list of 150+ services you can offer as a virtual assistant. Click the image below to get it.
The need for virtual assistant services has never been greater. This is evident by the number of companies and job boards coming out in large numbers to hire professionals just like you.
Choose a couple when you’re ready to apply for virtual assistant jobs and send out your best resume to jump-start your virtual assistant career! This is a profitable career that can earn you up to $60 per hour while working from the comfort of your home. What could be better than that?
Are you thinking of starting your own virtual assistant business? If you are then I highly recommend 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success. This is a course created by Gina Horkey. She has been a virtual assistant for many years and makes a full-time income from her VA business. She will teach you everything you need to know to get started.