This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please, read my affiliate disclaimer for more details.
Are you thinking of venturing into the world of transcription but don’t know where and how to get started? Have you been spending countless hours on Google or in transcription forums looking for the right information, but nothing tangible came up? Ouch! That sucks, right? I know! But, don’t fret. Let me introduce you to General Transcription: Theory & Practice.
A few months ago, I came across a really interesting transcription ecourse that covers everything about general transcription. I was intrigued but skeptical, at the same time. So, I decided to sign up and see, for myself, the many good things I had been hearing about it. And, I’m glad I did. So much to learn and so much to implement!
Let’s watch this short video, before we proceed, so you understand exactly what I mean.
As the names suggests, this is a comprehensive online training course designed to transform beginners into polished and fully-fledged professionals, who can undertake any general transcription work.
The course was created by Janet Shaughnessey, a professional and experienced transcriptionist with over 10 years experience. Not only will you get access to the reading materials, you also get a chance to watch 60+ high quality audios/videos and practice in real time. I can assure you that this wealth of information will put you ahead of your competition in the shortest time possible.
Who is this course for?
This ecourse is fit for anyone who has good grammar skills, attention to detail, and is willing to sit for longer hours.
Caution: I have to admit, transcription is not for everyone and so is General Transcription: Theory & Practice course. I know this may come off as a shocker to some. But, that’s a fact. There is more to transcription than just simple typing. That’s why I encourage you to get proper training before getting started. It will reduce the learning curve and bring you top dollar in no time.
Before getting started you need to:
- Be ready to learn and follow instructions. Learning never stops. I saw a certain post on Facebook and it said “First you ‘Learn’ then remove the ‘L’ and get the ‘Earn’. I couldn’t agree more. Be willing to listen to what you are told then implement. The rest will just fall into place.
- Be patient and work hard. Just like with any other online venture out there, success takes time. It doesn’t come overnight. Be ready to put in the hours, at least, in the beginning and patiently wait for things to pick up
- Ask for help. Asking for help is not a weakness, rather I see it as a strength. When you enroll for the ecourse you will get lifetime access & support (community support forum and 24/7 priority email support). It can’t get any better than this.
- A computer in good working condition and a high-speed internet connection
- A good pair of headsets (preferably noise-cancelling headsets)
- Microsoft Word or an alternative already installed on your computer
- A comfortable chair
- A quiet working environment
- Get a foot pedal if you have the resources. This is optional
Should You Take the Course?
Yes, you should. Investing in this course is the best decision you will ever make in your online career. A few months from now you will wonder why you never enrolled sooner.
Here are the amazing reasons why you should:
- High demand for transcription work
The need for transcription services has never been greater. We have all sorts of online entrepreneurs looking for you. We have book authors, YouTube marketers, SEO Experts, podcasters, internet marketers, business/life coaches just but to mention a few. Don’t waste any more time. Get started today!
2. Learn from the experts in real time
After enrolling you will get instant access to both audio and video practice files, related tutorials, marketing how-tos, and an awesome support group that will hold your hand every step of the way.
3. No guesswork.
Getting the correct information from the experts will increase your chances of success and prevent you from wasting your valuable time. No need to fumble and stumble. Just aim to get it right the first time.
Why Choose This Course
- You will get high-quality education without breaking the bank;
- Lifetime support from real people who care;
- Learn not just how to get clients, but how to keep them;
- Build an excellent reputation and grow your business.
What Will You Learn in General Transcription: Theory & Practice?
This is the summarized version of the modules you will get inside. Click here to get full details
- Transcription equipment and where to find the best deals
- Software and hardware – Access to free downloads
- Text Expanders and Shortcuts
- Transcriptoin Style Guide
- Time Coding
- How to Establish and Calculate rates
- Easy-to-use transcription templates
- Step-by-step guide to finding work
- how to find work as an employee
- how to find higher-paying work as an independent contractor
- Sample client contracts
- TONS OF PRACTICE! Seven practice levels containing 60+ audio/video files with answer keys
- Lifetime access to course material and ALL future updates
- Lifetime access to student support community on Facebook
Media Used Within the Course:
- Worksheets (with answer keys)
- Video Presentations (with Audio)
- Screencast Tutorials Demonstrations
- Practice Dictations with Answer Keys (60+ practice files in 7 levels)
- Practice Dictations with Answer Keys (60+ practice files in 7 levels)
What’s the Cost?
I know you may be wondering, “But, how much for all these?” Janet offers a FREE 7-Lesson Mini Course that will teach you more about general transcription. It is a great introductory course for beginners. But, if you want detailed information that will transform you into a fully-fledged transcriptionist in no time, I suggest that you grab one of the following packages.
The course is divided in three tiered packages
Level 1: Learn
For $127, you get to learn transcription basics. It is a great option if you want to brush up on word usage and punctuation. You will get access to Module 1 and 2 for 30 days and lifetime membership to the Facebook Group. You have an option to upgrade any time, even after 30 days. If you want to move to level 2 you will just pay the remaining balance. Get more details about Module 1 and 2 here.
Level 2: Learn + Practice
You get access to everything found in Level 1, plus how-to’s of transcription, software video tutorials, and state-of-the-art 7-level practice system. Access to Modules 1, 2, 3 and 4 for 60 days and lifetime membership to the Facebook Group, and you have an option to upgrade any time, even after 60 days. If you want to move to level 3 you will just pay the remaining balance. $362 (or $235 upgrade from Level 1). Get more details about Module 1, 2, 3 & 4 here.
Level 3: Learn + Practice + Build + Market
This is the full intensive course. You get access to everything included in Leve1 and 2, plus all the tools you need to build your business and market yourself as a transcriptionist.
- Lifetime access to entire course
- Lifetime membership to the Facebook group
- Lifetime updates to course material
- Direct access to instructor and assistants
- Learn how to set up your business
- Learn how to market effectively
- Final exam and certificate
$597(or $470 upgrade from Level 1; $235 upgrade from Level 2). Get more details about the whole ecourse here.
The demand for general transcription has never been greater. More and more business owners are realizing the vital role that transcription is playing in the growth of their businesses.
Enrolling for this ecourse will prepare you, not only physically but also mentally, to handle any transcription project handed to you by your clients.
I love how well articulated the modules and the units are. It not only equip you to become a polished transcriptionist but also shows you how to market your skills in order to get high-paying long-term clients.
Just to recap: 60+ audios/videos, tutorials, marketing how-tos, lifetime support via Facebook group, 24/7 email support and a Certificate of Completion. This is the best investment you will ever make online, if you asked me.
Still not convinced? Get the FREE 7-Lesson Mini Course.