There are many coaches, lecturers, internet marketers, bloggers, just to mention a few, who are looking for people with this type of skill.
Don’t let your talent sit on the shelf and collect dust. Utilize it and attain financial freedom doing what you love.
So, if you are ready to jump-start your transcription career, I’m here to hold your hand every step of the way.
I will openly share with you what has worked for me and helped me become a successful transcriptionist.
So, hold my hand and let’s take this walk together.
What is general transcription?
General transcription, in simple terms, is listening to audio recordings or watching videos and typing out what you hear in Microsoft Word document. The best part is, this is a work-at home job. You don’t need to sit in an office to get the job done. Everything is done electronically.
Who is this for?
Anyone with good English skills, has attention detail, can type faster and is able to sit for longer hours is fit to do this job.
Transcription Tools & Equipments
- A good working computer
- A pair of headsets (Noise-cancelling headsets are the best)
- Fast internet connection
- Microsoft Word installed
- Express Scribe
- Foot pedal (Optional)
- Effective Transcription Equipments That Make Your Work Easier
- Want to Improve Your Typing Speed? Follow These 5 Awesome Tips
- Four Must-Have Skills For An Effective General Transcriptionist
Transcription Skills Required?
- Listening skills
- Good typing skills
- Good grammar
- Research skills
Types of Recorded files to Handle as a Home-Based Transcriptionist
- Conference calls
- Focus group discussions
- Market research
- YouTube videos, etc.
How Long Will It Take Before I Start Earning Money?
The amount of time it takes before you start seeing earnings will depend solely on you. Some people start earning within 2 weeks of working. These are fast learners who grasp information quickly and are committed to the process. If you are slow and do it haphazardly it will take you longer.
I’m Ready to Get Started. Where Are the Companies?
I have a huge list of transcription companies that you can apply to and start earning as soon as possible.
- Great Transcription Companies for Newbies
- Top 10 Transcription Companies Hiring Newbies Worldwide
- 3 Hot Transcription Companies Hiring Worldwide
- List of 30 Stunning Transcription Companies Hiring Now
Stuck at the application process? No problem
Looking for Medical Transcription Companies Instead? We got you covered!
Need More Resources?
- Jump-start Your Work At Home General Transcription Career by Lisa Mills
- Make Money From Home: How to Become a Non-Medical Home-Based Transcriptionist by April Hodson
- How to Transcribe and Excel In General Transcription
- How to Become a Transcriptionist
- Work From Home Doing Transcription
Need Training & Certification?
No problem.Check out Transcribe Anywhere ecourse.
If you are thinking of venturing into the world of generation transcription, this is the course I recommend. The Free 7-Lesson Mini Course is offered by Janet Shaugnessy over at Transcribe Anywhere. She will teach you what transcription entails, whether it’s a good fit for you, how much to earn and why transcription is an in-demand skill right now.
Want legal transcription instead? No problem! Take the Legal Transcription Free Mini Course and learn everything you need to know about legal transcription. If you decide to take the full course, you will get a Certificate of Completion.
Love what you see? Have a question? Feel free to contact me or connect with me:
Facebook: Earn Smart Online Class